Follow Us


Incorporate in Nevada?

Is Nevada still a great state for me to incorporate my company?

Nevada was known for years as a US corporate haven among business planners, attorneys and accountants. Nevada is no longer “America’s Tax Haven!” While there are still some favorable reasons to file in Nevada, like no personal income tax, a few changes to the state’s tax structure and fee increases have driven many businesses to more advantageous states like Wyoming.

  • What Changed?

    For years, InCorp recommended incorporating in Nevada -- even our headquarters are here in Nevada. The favorable tax climate, reasonable annual fees, and privacy benefits all resulted in a pro-business attitude that had resources like INC Magazine and Money Magazine ranking Nevada at the top of their lists of favorable states in which to do business.

    As of July 1st, 2015, Nevada has been stripped of its pro-business reputation.

    Here’s what changed:

    • Brand new Commerce Tax – this is a gross receipts tax on corporations’ revenue over $4 million
    • Increase in all Initial List and Annual List filing fees - $25 increase for all entity types across the board
    • Increased business license fees for corporations – fees increased from $200 to $500 annually
    • Temporary tax increases made permanent – increases in the modified business tax, sales tax and other industry specific taxes that were temporary, are now permanent

    Deciding where to incorporate your new business?
    Review our State Comparison page and discuss your options with an attorney or tax professional to decide the best state for your needs. When you’ve decided, have InCorp file the documents for you and provide Registered Agent service!

      Order a New
    Corporation or LLC Now!
      Talk to us about
    where to incorporate!

    Already a Nevada Corporation?
    Your annual fees (annual list + business license) just increased from $325 to $650, and that’s not including the Commerce Tax if it applies to your business. Review these changes with an attorney or tax professional. You can re-domicile your corporation to another state if that’s best for your business. InCorp can file the re-domestication paperwork for you.

    If you change the domestic state of your corporation from Nevada to Wyoming, for example, the total cost is about $594. This is less than the corporation’s renewal fees in Nevada and Wyoming’s annual fee is just $50 in most cases. Contact InCorp to get this filing started!

Incorp Services, Inc. is a BBB Accredited Incorporating Company in Henderson, NVMcAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams