How to Get Registered Agent Service

How to Get Registered Agent Service

Ordering service is easy using our online form. Simply fill in the required fields, review the Terms of Service, and submit your order.

You’ll receive our address immediately and more instructions for filing within 1 business day.

Order Now

Having a registered agent is required in almost every state. The purpose is for the state to show a physical address in that state at which the company can be served with legal documents. We also receive notifications from many states and help you keep your company in good standing. An added benefit is the security of knowing InCorp is here to fulfill this requirement and provide you with a little more privacy.

Learn More

A company's domestic state is the state in which it was originally filed or "born." Think of it like your birth state which is where your birth certificate (articles of incorporation) and Social Security Number (EIN) are issued. Once the company is formed in its domestic state you can file for it to do business in other states. It is foreign in these other states and will have to file a foreign qualification to do business there.

Has your company been filed in the state in which you are ordering service? Even if your company exists in its domestic state, it is New if you are ordering service for a state in which you have not yet filed to do business. If you're ordering service for a company already filed and changing the Registered Agent to InCorp the entity is Existing.

When hiring InCorp for just registered agent service, we do not automatically file your documents to register your entity. Formation and qualification filings are separate services, and we will be happy to prepare the entire filing for you once the additional service has been purchased. Our order processing team members will automatically provide consent forms for the states that require them, and we're here to help with Registered Agent Change forms at no additional charge if you'd like our assistance.

In most cases, yes, but we do require that you also be filed with the Secretary of State. Some agencies have requirements that we can't meet, like an address in a specific county or an individual serving instead of InCorp as a company. If you send over the document we'll review it to make sure we can meet the requirements.

The first thing is to order service. Once your order is placed and you have received the confirmation email, please contact our order processing team to proceed. Some states require our signature but it does not have to be a mailed original so you can just reply to your order confirmation with the document attached and we'll sign and return it to you. Other states require our original signature, in which case you can email us the document, we will sign it and mail it to you for submission to the state. Alternatively, you can mail us the complete package of documents and state payment and we will sign and forward the package to the state for you. A few states, like Wyoming, require a separate Registered Agent Consent form. We'll send that directly to you after your order is placed. Please call our order processing team or email us with any additional questions or concerns.

The general rule is that InCorp only serves as a registered agent for entities listed with the Secretary of State. We can serve for other agencies as well but need to be listed with the Secretary of State also. When looking for a registered agent for an individual, we recommend using an attorney/law office.

Return to Help Center